s Congratulations Chef Alexander Gandia, CEC®, WCEC for becoming WorldChefs Certified Executive Chef. Alex has worked very hard to accomplish this arduous task. We are all very proud of him. Chef Alex, what is your next goal?
February 22, 2021 5:26pm – 6:04pm
- Chef Nick – membership – we need to get the list from John Bell of the members who have not rejoined this year. We need to send them an email to remind them about their membership.
- The Villages students do not have to pay for their membership.
- The March meeting will be help on March 22nd at Lake Minneola High School
- Chef Bell has a list of members that would like to do a demo at the future meetings.
- Chef Nick said Schreiber Foods would like to do a demo
- We need to increase our members at the meetings so the vendors/sponsors will be more willing to come out to do a demo
- Chef Nicole has 3 scholarships for the participants at the Burger Bash at Gator Harley
- Will the winners of the scholarships be able to transfer their scholarships to another school?
- Congratulations Chef Nick of passing your test for the CEC
- Chef Joel has a meeting with the SE Region about student scholarships. All chapters will need to contribute.
- The chapters should have a student of the month to bring more exposure to each chapter. The top 2 students will be able to go to the convention/gala and do a cook off. The student that gets the most votes will win a scholarship.
- Chef Joel stated that it will cost $75 a month to maintain the website. Can we offer ads to our sponsors to help cover the costs of the site? Lake Tech should have a banner since they give out scholarships
- List jobs on our website especially for students
- Give our members a discount to advertise on the website
- We need a “donate” button on the website to help with the cost of students events
- Each board member should host a meeting or event at least once a year
- Each member should do a demo at the Leesburg Market. It’s the 3rd Friday of every month (called off if the weather is bad). There is no fee for ACF members and they will need to bring samples for 35-50 people.
- Please send the names of the students that participated in the Burger Bash at Gator Harley to email@example.com. We want to give them all a certificate for their participation.
- Chef Joel asked that we do a Thanksgiving dinner on November 19th at the Leesburg Market
- $140 was approved for live streaming equipment
- $60 was approved for gift cards for students
- Thank you Bryan from Lake County Fire Dept
The club is Aberdeen Golf & Country Club, located in Boynton Beach Florida. We have five full time, year-round line cook positions open. We are looking for the following minimum skills: Two years minimum of proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook, or prep cook Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures Basic written and verbal communication skills Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks Familiar with industry’s best practices ServSafe food handler certified Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred. There also may be a position for an Executive Sous Chef.
Contact Karen Henry-Kraft, HR Director. 561-738-4903, ext. 330 for more information and schedule an interview. Pay will range $12.00 – $16.00 depending on experience & skillset however we are open for discussion for the right candidate(s).
Did you know that the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Global Certification for the Hospitality Industry has Fast Track Certification Program for Certified ACF Chefs to obtain Global Certification. It is a fantastic program and the requirements are obtainable. You can contact Chef John Clancy, Worldchefs Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can Contact Chef Jeffrey Rotz, CEC, WCEC, CCE, AAC at email@example.com
Applicants must be working at or above the level they have been certified for, at the time of application for the equivalent WorldChefs level.
Certified Culinarian® – CC® – Worldchefs Professional Cook (Commis Chef)
Certified Sous Chef ® – CSC® – Worldchefs Sous Chef
Certified Chef de Cuisine® – CC® – Worldchefs Chef de Cuisine
Chef Certified Executive Pastry Culinarian ® CEPC® – Worldchefs Pastry Chef Certified Executive Chef® – CEC® – Worldchefs Executive Chef
Certified Master Pastry Chef ® -Worldchefs Master Pastry Chef
Certified Master Chef® – CMC® – Worldchefs Master Chef
Chef Damon Vitale is opening a new restaurant FARMSHED located in Spanish Springs in The Villages. It will be in the Square will the old TooJays were located. FARMSHED will features an upscale brunch style menu and dinner. Chef Damon is currently hiring all positions.
Line Cook $14 per hour
Prep Cook $12 per hour
Dishwasher $10 per hour
Line Cook candidates must be proficient with knife skills, grill, sauté and breakfast cookery.
We aren’t looking for just anyone, but those who have a desire to produce world class cuisine,
This is a drama and drug free professional kitchen. Practical and knife skill testing will be conducted for line and prep cook positions upon selection.
Serious inquiries only! Contact Chef Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our good friend Chef Robert (Bob) Anderson, CEC, CCE, CE was diagnosed with cancer back in December. The first week of February, Bob & Karen went shopping at the Flea Market. Bob fell which caused a concussion and a Brain Aneurysm (I am not sure what the medical terms are). Bob has been released from Ocala Regional Medical Center and now is at Life Care Center of Citrus County. Bob will begin his physical thereby and hopefully his radiation therapy soon. He is will be quarantined for the next 14 days. Bob has a long haul to full recovery. Please say an extra prayer for Bob & Karen and keep him in your thoughts.
For those of you that do not know Chef Anderson, Bob has always been a giving & loving person. Bob Anderson was one of the original members of the ACF Gulf to Lakes Chapter back in 1990/1991. When ever needed Bob was there. I will keep everyone updated on his progress on our chapter web page www.gulftolakeschefs.com and on our Facebook page
Congratulations Chef Alexander Gandia, CEC for completing his ACF Certified Executive Chef Re-certification. Alex, we are very proud of you for completing this arduous task.
Welcome Chef Zakaria Moumaris to the ACF Gulf to Lakes Chefs & Cooks Chapter. We are glad that you joined us.